Thursday, October 4, 2007

Strategy update from the field...

From Kimberly Weldon in MI
In roughly ~7 hours total last weekend, in red/conservative Northwest Michigan, I (working alone in front of a downtown bookstore...) managed to collect 105 signatures, from people who are from all over the state (from at least 20-30+ different MI counties), and even including a couple of signatures from Republicans (who at first told me that they did not want to sign, since they were Repubs (single issue anti-abortion voters in this case)...so I said, "oh, I guess this means that Michigan will end up with Hillary as our nominee - after I said this, they immediately told me "well, when you put it that way...where do I have to sign?? (and yes, they signed !)

We are starting to get some more volunteers to help, and I hope that this will increase exponentially (as friends of friends join up to help, etc.)...

However, we STILL need A LOT more help, and time is running out very quickly - PLEASE help (by making a financial contribution by check, or via the paypal link in the Diary, or by volunteering to help collect signatures in MI (you must be registed to vote in MI, to collect signatures...)

We estimate that we actually need to collect AT LEAST 16,000 signatures by 4PM October 23rd, in order to have the 12,396 that will later actually prove to be considered valid...